This Donation Policy (Policy) sets out the Sister2sister Foundation’s (Sister2sister) policy on the management of funds donated to our organisation.
Sister2sister is registered as a charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profit Commission (ACNC) and is endorsed as a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) to access certain tax concessions by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO). Sister2sister is a non-profit organisation, and all our financial resources are allocated to fulfilling our social mission.
This policy may be updated from time to time.
By donating to Sister2sister, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions.
Please review our policy prior to making your donation.
Donations of $2 or more made to Sister2sister are tax deductible, depending on your personal tax position. Donors making one-off donations of $2 or more directly to Sister2sister will receive a receipt for each donation. If you donate by via bank transfer please contact us at [email protected] to request a receipt. If you donate online through one of our fundraising partners or a workplace giving platform, receipts will be generated according to their terms and conditions.
When you donate, Sister2sister will determine where the funds are directed within our activities and charitable objectives.
Where a donation is designated for a specific purpose, Sister2sister will use reasonable endeavours to direct that donation to that purpose.
Making a Payment
If you make a donation directly to Sister2sister through our website, you will be asked to enter your credit/debit card details. We do not capture or store your card details, only the authority from our bank that your credit card payment has been approved. If you authorise a recurring donation, your credit card details are stored by our payment processing partner (e.g. PayPal or Stripe) in accordance with terms and conditions.
All transactions are processed in Australian dollars.
Sister2sister recognises that it is possible to make an error when making an online donation or that donors may change their mind about a donation they have made. On a rare occasion, an error could also be made by Sister2sister or our financial institution.
In these circumstances, Sister2sister will fully examine all requests for refund and endeavour to ensure that genuine errors are rectified, however we are under no obligation to give refunds and the decision on refunds will be at our discretion.
Sister2sister will endeavour to refund donations in the following circumstances:
- If an error is made in making an online donation or if the donor changes their mind, we will honour all requests for refund that are made in writing within 30 days of the date the donation was made. The written refund request must include the details of the initial transaction including date, donation amount, donor's name, ID, tax invoice number and the nature of the error. Requests for refunds can be sent to Sister2sister at [email protected]
- If an amount is adjusted by the Sister2sister, the original receipt issued for the incorrect amount will become invalid and a new receipt will be issued for the amount of the adjusted donation.
- Sister2sister reserves the right to pass any refund transaction charges on to the donor
- Refunds will be returned using the original method of payment – if donation has been made by credit card, the refund must be credited to that same credit card.
- Should an error be made by Sister2sister or our financial institution(s), a refund of the full amount will be made once we are notified of the error in writing and all costs will be borne by Sister2sister or our financial institution(s).
Subscribe to our newsletter
Stay up-to-date with S2s news and events.
We promise not to spam you - ever!